1. cPanel Tutorial – The Basics
Pssst… If you already know what cPanel is and you’ve logged in, skip to the next section by clicking here – you won’t miss a thing.
1.1. What is cPanel?
In simple terms, it’s a control panel where you can manage every element of your web hosting account.
Web hosting companies like to make cPanel available to their customers for a few key reasons: it’s a simple-to-use dashboard, it’s well-maintained with regular updates, improvements and security measures.
1.2. What Can I Do in cPanel?
A lot… cPanel is where you’ll come to:
- Connect domain names to your hosting
- Set up emails for your site
- Install WordPress (or another content management system)
- Back up your website
- Upload files to your server
- Check your bandwidth and other usage stats
- Change various security settings
- Install add-on apps on your server
- Create new databases / manage existing ones
- Set up various optimizations
And a whole lot more – we’re really just scratching the surface here. Don’t be intimidated, though. While cPanel does offer you a huge volume of features and customizations to take care of, you don’t really have to understand them all in order to manage your website effectively. We’re going to cover everything in this guide.